Located at 990 Oak Street (corner of 10th & Oak).
The LILA Peer Support Club provides mental health survivors with a safe place to gather for socialization, an opportunity for peer support, and various classes, groups, and activities that lead to greater self-sufficiency, self-expression, and personal growth. Relax. Stop by for a cup of coffee. Computers with Internet access are available for members’ use.
Membership is free. Hours are 11 am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Non-members can drop by on Fridays between 11 am and 5 pm to see what it is like. For membership, please contact the Peer Support Club at 541-636-3107 or 990 Oak St, Eugene, OR 97401.
Programs and classes which have previously been offered for members include:
- Games – Game Gathering, Chess, Cards & Games, and Guys’ Game Night
- Money/budget management
- Basic computer class
- Music class
- Information on access to other needed mental health or community services
- Nutrition information
- Exercise class
- Art class and Open Art
- Jewelry making
- Self-help and personal growth class
- Quiet room and library space
- Improv acting programs
- Laughing Matters (not currently offered) or Comedy with Denise
- Job Readiness class
- Crocheting/knitting class – Knitting Group
- Movies – both Netflix and Movie and a Mocha
- Sign language
- Ladies Day
- Field trips, such as excursions to see DanceAbility, The People’s Mic with MC Plaedo, and The Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art’s exhibit “Aliens, Monsters, and Madmen: The Art of EC Comics”
For current offerings, please contact the Peer Support Club at 541-636-3107.